Accomplishments and Milestones
They are impacting communities one child at a time, through their four programs:
- Medical and Home Assistance
- Healing & Rehabilitation
- Wheel Chair Accessible Vans
- Youth Leadership Council
MTF Accomplishments and Milestones:
- Provided support to hundreds of children and families and counting.
- 100% success rate in keeping families together and not end in divorce or separation.
- Helped reduce family medical equipment costs up to 50%
- Over 2,000 toys delivered to local hospitals.
- Over 6,500 people have come together for MTF events.
- 500 + gift basket deliveries to children.
- Over 1,500 community service hours.
- Over 750 selfless volunteers
- Affiliations with Rady’s Children Hospital, Lucille Packard, Stanford Children Hospital, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Children’s Hospital Orange County, Tri-City Hospital, Scripps Hospital and more worldwide.
Awards & Recognition:
- Inductee, Top Professionals of the Year, Marquis Who's Who (2019)
- Honoree, Distinguished Worldwide Humanitarian Award 2019
- 2019 Leadership Award presented by ABC 10 News & Lead San Diego
- 2018 Attained Platinum Status through Guide Star
- 2018 Finalist Non-Profit of the Year, Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- 2016 Starfish Leadership Award Who Inspire, Engage & Lead -In appreciation for their dedication to help families whose children suffer from life-threatening illnesses.
- 2015 Attained Gold Star Status through Guide Star.
- 2013 California Legislature: Certificate of Recognition of Service and dedication in helping families who are challenged with a life-threatening medical condition.
- 2013 Proclamation Honoring “Mitchell Thorp Foundation” of Feb 2, County of San Diego
- 2012 Created Youth Leadership Council that impacts kids (Kids Helping Kids)
- 2012 Finalist Non-Profit Association of the Year, State of California
- 2012 Finalist Non-Profit of the Year, Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- 2012-Present Member of Nonprofit Alliance
- 2011-Present Partnership with San Diego Foundation & Better Giving Program
- 2010-Present Member North County Philanthropy Council (NCPC)
- 2010/2011 "Women of the Year"-The National Association of Professional Women